PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONENTRY REQUIREMENTSFEESPROGRAMME STRUCTUREDURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
The Faculty of Cognitive Sciences and Human Development currently offers a Master of Science (MSc) degree in Human Resource Development (HRD). The MSc HRD degree is designed for professionals who seek advanced knowledge, skills and confidence in the areas of human resource development and management. Students examine various aspects related to learning and instructional design processes; theories, models, adult learning and strategies. Students are given opportunities to think critically and reflect on current issues and trends of human resource management and development for application in their workplace. The MSc HRD programme consists of taught coursework (lectures, assignments and assessments) and research paper. A minimum of 42 credits of study and Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 3.0 is required for the award of the degree. A unique feature of the MSc HRD programme is the inclusion of courses on cognition, human behavior and information technology knowledge which can be used to facilitate organisational learning. In addition, students will attend sharing sessions with the university’s Alumni and practitioners in various industries that will enrich their learning experiences.
For admission into the programme, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate;
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent but with CGPA less than 2.50, may be admitted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field; or
- Other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate
- For international students, a minimum IELTS Score of 5.5 or its equivalent ( e.g TOEFL-525; TOEFL Computer Test -196; TOEFL Internet Test 69-70 ) is required.
- Course Fee is RM21,272
- Registration Fee is RM1,000
Fees include administrative, tuition and course materials for the duration of the programme. Further payment will be required if the students extend their studies.
- Human Resource Development
- KMS6013 Human Resource Development
- KMS6053 Design and Management of Training Programmes
- KMS6033 Effective Teaching and Learning
- KMS6043 Management in the Workplace
- KMS6063 Human Resource Management
- KMS6083 Strategic Management
- Cognition and Human Behaviour
- KMK6053 Cognition & Organizational Behavior
- KMK6063 Cognition & Learning
- Information Technology
- KMS6143 Information and Communication Technology for Managers
- KMS6073 Technology for Human Resource Development
- KMF6013 Statistics for Social Sciences
- KMF6023 Research Methods
- KMS6152 Research Paper 1
- KMS6164 Research Paper 2
The MSc in HRD programme is a master programme by coursework over a minimum duration of 24 months, which is equivalent to 6 semesters of study.